Sunday, December 27, 2009

Faking it ... virtual-reality...

Wow!! Amazing is all I can pick form my limited superlative(though they are not superlative) vocabulary when I see him on screen. Yes, for people out there it can be anyone like Salman khan, Shahrukh khan, or Rajnikanth or so... for me its unanimously Kamal Hassan. Another weekend movie... 'Anbe Sivam'. I was flattered by the performance of this genius. If I were to to call him genius its just an under statement.




There are artists out there around who perform, over perform and under perform. People mostly like the screen presence of the so called hero and feel the joy and pain in reality in their lives. Its a feeling that makes people feel these are the most perfect guys who would be ideal men. Its quite common to discover the unfound, undiscovered things in ones life while see them act. Movie is such a powerful media that people can relate to. I happen to meet people around who rarely can differentiate between acting and reality. Its the magic that artist create on screen that can be so powerful in faking it.

I remember this program on TV that's one such, 'Faking it' its a game show where professionals are trained to fake it, just like the acting schools. The program revolves around person no where related been trained to fake and if successful, he is the winner. I guess that's a super-hit formula, best faker is the winner. All woods have this ... I mean Hollywood, Bollywood so on, hmmm! anyways if Tiger woods too had this talent, he would not be in trouble today. Now its time to get into virtual-reality... I'm serious about this word, it means virtually real or really virtual... hmmm you got it right, I'm equally confused as you are, excuse me ... for the silly thing.

Actors are god on their own to people who appreciate their acting, or faking. I have watched great actors like Amithab Bachan, Shahrukh khan, Rajnikanth, Salman khan etc... well the names doesn't really matter to me, its their ability to fake it. I watched Kamal Hassan in 'Anbe Sivam', for a moment I couldn't fake myself admiring his faking skills, he is superb in the performance, Madhavan(Maddy) has done well but Kamal Hassan just steals the show. The very perfect line of the movie comes at the end, when a guy with a sword in his hand comes to kill Sivam (Kamal Hassan) and questions if he has seen god. The guy is perplexed like all others when Sivam replies 'I see god in front of me, you are the god, you came to kill me and sparing me' may be for good deeds.

O.J.Simpson case

Salman khan

Salman khan again

I just recalled a few lines from older post, 'Find your own... be it god...'. I felt, I have done justice to my post, atleast there is one faker who has my line on screen, felt good. I happen to recall a few other celebrity murderers like O.J.Simpson, some Bollywood artists as well who succeeded in acting as well and got off the judiciary hooks. Now I no longer wonder why 'faking it' is such a hit like any other cinema personality's personal life. I pray to so called judiciary god to no longer fake in their judgments as well. Long live Kamal Hassan, long live movies of his. Also long live reality of some famous stars, long live their personal lives, pun intended :). Let the world continue to enjoy.... in what they live in ... 'Faking it...'

2 comments:

  1. Hi Raghu..

    Your posts are different to others...for sure.
    I like the topic u chose and the way u elaborate,It's truly admirable...Nice Post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one dude ... Anyways its one of the fav movies in my list.

    When we need to get what we want, then there is no wrong in faking it :)

    ReplyDelete